Creating family traditions is an important part of making sure that children, parents, and grandparents, as well as other relatives, stay connected. From holiday celebrations to handmade wooden furniture pieces that are passed down from one family member to the next, their are many ways that family traditions begin.
In a time and era of mass productions, however, it can sometimes be difficult to find items that can survive even a few years, let alone for generations. Fortunately, there are some indications that fine furnishings are making a resurgence in our lives. In fact, there are some very popular places where handmade wooden furniture can not only be purchased, but custom ordered.
Custom Made Farm Tables and Other Furnishings Often Become Treasured Heirlooms
Handcrafted furniture pieces like dining room tables and kitchen chairs and entire bedroom sets create perfect pieces that families can treasure for years. Knowing that you are supporting local crafts people is also an added benefit to these purchases. Whether you are ordering Amish patio furniture for an outdoor space or you are looking for handmade furniture pieces for a bedroom, you can know that your money is helping support items that are made in America.
Like all quality work, however, it is important to make sure that you allow for the necessary production times. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many kinds of handcrafted wooded products that are available if you take the time to find the right crafters:
- Oak, cherry, hickory, walnut, or maple are the types of wood that most Amish furniture is made from.
- Even when ordering online, consumers should expect to wait between 12 and 16 weeks for Amish furniture to be completed.
- 100% of Amish furniture is hand-crafted.
- When early American folk art was discovered, Amish furniture first gained attention in the 1920s. This was a time when dealers and historians placed great value upon the beauty and quality of the pieces.
- 95.1% of people in a survey of over 2,000 consumers, said that they “expect furniture to last for many years.”
What traditions in your home help your family stay connected? For many families, a piece of furniture, a holiday tradition, or a set of stories about ancestors serve as perfect ways to make sure that parents stay connected to children and children stay connected to grandparents.