Purchasing a new home is an exciting, but often very stressful time in one’s life. If you are selling a home that you live in currently at the same time as looking for a new one, this process can seem even more overwhelming. Choosing where you and your family live is an incredibly important decision that will influence nearly every aspect of your life for decades to come, so you want to make sure that you have set yourself up for success. One way to do this is by using a licensed and successful real estate agent. Below you will find some of the most important reasons to use an agent when buying a home.
1) They are Experts. Today, nearly 80% of homes are purchased with the help of a real estate agent or broker, a number that has risen steadily over the past 15 years. They understand the intricacies of the real estate market in ways that typical buyers do not and can help in locating your dream home. More than likely, the current owners of the home you want to buy will be working with an agent, and it is important to have someone with the same amount of knowledge and experience in your court during the process.
2) They Make Your Life Easier. Finding houses for sale can quickly start to feel like a full-time job. Luckily for you, that IS your real estate agent’s full time job and they are likely very good at it. Though it may feel fun in the beginning, spending hours on the internet finding houses when purchasing a new home can become incredibly time consuming, especially when some listings leave something to be desired when you visit in person. Your agent can help you save time and avoid disappointment.
3) They Help Protect Your Investment. Buying or selling a home represents a huge investment shift for most families. Of the families that use some sort of financing to buy a home, most finance around 90% of the home cost. Real estate agents can help make sure you get the best deal, whether you are selling or purchasing a new home. They often have relationships with other brokers and know exactly “how the game is played.” With such a huge investment on the line, this is crucial.
4) They are Flexible. People live and communicate in different ways than they did and social media plays a huge role in the world we live in. 91% of today’s homebuyers would like to receive information from their agent or realtor through social media and agents are adjusting their practices to meet this new need.
5) They Work. As proof of how beneficial an agent can be, around 84% of recent homebuyers would use their agent again or recommend them to a friend and 63% of those who have purchased a home within the last year actually have. This is proof of how helpful an agent can be.
If the process of purchasing a new home starts to feel more stressful than special, remember that having a real estate agent or realtor on your team can make an enormous difference. Continue reading here.