Turn off the television.
If you are fed up with listening to the politicians and journalists ramble on and on, perhaps today is the day to turn off the tv.
Listen instead of talk.
If you are tired of arguing with your friends who do not agree with you, perhaps today is the day to promise to listen.
If you feel like the country is in a bad place and you are weary from listening to news report after report about devastating news from this country and around the world, perhaps today is the day to take action.
Are You Looking for a Way to Make a Positive Impact?
For some Americans, these are troubling times. Although some Americans are more than satisfied with the latest political propositions that have been made, an increasing number of Americans are beyond frustrated. For people on both end of the spectrum, however, there is comfort in finding ways to help a good cause like making American Red Cross donations.
When it seems like the conflicts between neighbors, friends, and our political representatives are too great, it sometimes makes sense to take a step back and think about what you can be in control of. The decision to start small can, in fact, empower you and give you the confidence to face the news of the world another day. For now, though, how about taking stock of what you have and what you can give to American Red Cross donations.
Clothing Donation Centers Make It Easy to Make a Big Difference
The best way to take a step away from your own worries and concerns is to help others who are in greater need. The decision to clean out your closets, drawers, and kitchen cupboards can help you declutter your home while at the same time make a significant difference in someone else’s life.
- The need for help is constant. For this reason the American Red Cross clothing donation pickup services are always looking for gifts. With both the monetary donations and clothing and bedding donations this group provides assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by providing relief for families and communities in the form of blood, blankets, food, and shelter.
- An effort to give your used clothing donations to the Red Cross or other charities helps you share your extras with those who are struggling to find enough.
- Kids shoes, mens shoes, and women’s shoes are often things that we buy in excess. If you have any of these items that are crowding your closet maybe it is time to donate some of them to a charity that could help distribute them to those in need.
- Estimates indicate that 70% of people in the U.S. give to charity each year.
3% of American income is given to charities each year.
- A gift to American Red Cross donations is most often tax deductible for the value of the items you donate.
- Children’s clothing that is no longer being used in your house can serve a real purpose for a family that is using American Red Cross donations to help them recover from a fire or a severe weather event.
- The American National Red Cross is the 13th largest U.S. charity as ranked by private donations. In the year 2014 it received $687 million in private donations.
- In today’s world Americans consume nearly 20 billion garments a year. That is equal to seven pairs of shoes and 68 garments a person, which is the equivalent of more than one piece of clothing purchased every single week.
- One statistic provided by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) indicates that Americans throw away an average of 10 pounds of clothes a person every single year. These are items that could have been donated or recycled instead of filling our already crowded landfills.
- Nothing takes your mind of your own troubles and worries like taking time to help others. Instead of stressing over today’s current political climate, make a decision to give to a charity of your choice. If you make the decision to donate to an organization that collects clothes and household items you can make sure that you are helping others while you are also cleaning out the closets and cupboards in your home.