It is not one of the stand alone board and batten sheds that are in so many of the yards in the neighborhood, but the attached shed still serves a valuable purpose. The fact of the matter is, however, you never even noticed that the neighbor’s house around the corner had this attached shed on the back of their house until the day you saw that it was wide open. It was a very long coiled orange extension cord that first caught your attention. Upon closer examination, you realized not one side, but both, sides of the attached storage space were open. And while the neighbors are quite close to your home, you quickly realized that you did not have their phone number. You did have a number of someone else who you knew could contact this neighbor. A few minutes later and you received a text from the friend you called thanking you.
By the time you served dinner, the swinging shed doors were shut and you felt as if you had done your good deed for the week.
In today’s busy world where too often neighbors do not really know each other, it can seem like even simple board and batten sheds in the backyard can be problematic. And while there are still many pockets of kindness around the country, if you do not live in a subdivision or part of the city where neighbrs are looking out for each other your world can seem pretty lonely.
Beautifully Designed Pergolas, Board and Batten Sheds, and Other Buildings Can Enhance Any Property
If you are to the point where you want to add a new structure to your property it is important that you work with a qualified builder who can give you the quality that you want. Although there are some home owners who have the skills, talent, and time to create their own structures, many do not. As a result, it is important to know who the resources are for the items that you want. When it comes to wanting board and batten sheds, for instance, it is important to realize that you can order custom sizes and have them delivered fully assembled to your home.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many kinds of ways that board and batten sheds and other outdoor options can add to both the function and value of your home:
- Amish furniture first gained attention in the early 1920s, when early American folk art was officially discovered. At this time dealers and historians placed great value on the quality and beauty of the pieces. This same craftsmanship is also available in sheds, gazebos, and other outdoor buildings.
- Just as you can expect to wait between 12 and 16 weeks for Amish furniture when you order online, it is important to note that there are also wait times for online ordering of buildings as well.
- Even though they involve a bit of an investment, it is important to note that a wooden shed can last at least 15 to 20 years.
- It is wise to determine a space needs and add 25% for future storage needs when purchasing a shed of any size.
- Some of the latest sheds and gazebos are available in low maintenance composite materials that hold up well to various kinds of weather.
- Extra storage space that is provided by an outdoor shed allows property owners to keep their current homes and garages less cluttered. In addition, these spaces are great for large yard maintenance and snow removal equipment.
When you walk into your garage are you happy with what you see? Or are you frustrated with the fact that your garage is so full that you find yourself parking your vehicles in the driveway or on the street? If space is limited, a well built and custom designed shed may be the perfect solution. By adding more space for storage, you can add both function and beauty to your property. Working closely with an experienced contractor, you can get the solutions that you need. Who knows? you might even have a neighbor who can help share their secrets for staying organized and agree to watch your property when you are not home.