When it comes time to sell your home, it can be tricky when trying to figure out the best way to go about it. Homeowners want to get a fair price on the house their selling and want to make sure everything is in order.
That’s where a real estate company comes in. A residential realtor knows the market and can help you get the best price for your house. When it comes to selling your home, there are several advantages to using a real estate company:
- Getting Exposure: Thirty-two percent of people looking to buy new homes are first-time home buyers. Additionally, 78 percent of recent buyers found their real estate agent to be a useful source of information.
What does that mean for you the seller? A good real estate company will have a strategy to make sure the home you’re selling catches people’s eyes. In today’s technology and social media-driven world, a realtor will likely use a strategy that includes open houses, canvasing the neighborhood and getting the attention of prospective buyers on the Internet and through social media platforms. These days it isn’t uncommon for a realtor to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or even drone videos to showcase homes that are available. Forty-four percent of home buyers look online for properties, so a good social media and Internet presence can be a slam dunk.
- Better offers: Using real estate agents to sell your home means they have experience and the ability to negotiate contracts. Simply put, a realtor will know how to get a deal done and come out with a price that should leave a seller happy. It’s not uncommon for buyers to get into bidding wars, which drives up the price of your home. If a buyer really wants the house you’re selling, it’s likely that they’re willing to pay top dollar. When that happens, finding a reputable realtor on your side to close the deal can make for a more satisfactory selling experience.
- Better sale prices: As mentioned above, if there’s a bidding war going on for your property, a buyer that really wants it is probably willing to pay more than what you’re asking for. In the process of selling a house, a realtor will have access and input into a Multiple Listing Service. Having access to this means that other realtors are looking at your property and working to get your home sold. Having more people looking at what you’re selling increases your chance of selling your property at the price you’re asking for.
- Better Presentations: For all the direct mail marketing and Internet posting, perhaps there’s nothing that will turn a potential buyer onto a home more than a showing. A good showing can showcase the best things about your house and really get a buyer’s attention when they get a chance to look at it up close. During a showing, a realtor is usually present and can discuss any concerns or questions potential buyers may have.
- Inspections: When it comes to buying a home, buyers want to be sure they’re making the right choice. In fact, 52 percent of home buyers cited finding the right property as the most difficult part of buying a home. With that in mind, it’s important to have a realtor in your corner when it comes to home inspections. People want to make sure things are in order before they sign on the dotted line or plunk down a chunk of money for a down payment on a house. Information that comes out of an inspection is very important. It lets buyers know if there are any potential problems to be aware of or what might need to be fixed. When that happens, a realtor can negotiate a contract for a potential buyer.
Finding a real estate company to sell your home isn’t always easy, but having a good one can make the process of selling a home much easier. To find a real estate agent, Realtor.com can be a good source of information. When you find a realtor, he/she will be able to help you sell a home and let you know what properties are available. Zillow.com is another good source is find real estate agents.