It’s well established that people spend a third of their lives asleep. But for the all the sleeping people do, they’re not getting enough.
In today’s hustling and bustling world, millions of Americans are on the go, staying up late and pushing themselves. That means a severe lack of sleep. Most healthy adults need seven to nine hours of sleep each night, but according to sleep statistics, 79 percent of Americans are getting less than that.
A lack of sleep has many adverse effects, including:
- Skin Aging
- Decreased Sex Drive
- Lack of Focus: this happens a lot at work as 37.9 of U.S. adults reported unintentionally falling asleep during the day at least once in the preceding month.
- Health Issues: these include heart attacks, heart failure, stroke and high blood pressure.
To effectively combat a lack of sleep, a good mattress could do the trick. Having a new mattress can make all the difference in the world when it comes to getting a better night’s sleep. Much like a lack of sleep has side effects, a good mattress has its own effects, including:
- Lower blood pressure
- Better capacity for learning
- Longer lifespan
- Improved memory
- Better athletic performance
A good mattress might also mean a new mattress. If you’ve had your mattress for at least five years, it’s recommended you start monitoring its condition regularly. Much like a car or a home appliance, a mattress is a big purchase for a home and picking the right one can make the difference between sleepless nights and sleeping like a baby.
When it comes to buying a mattress, consider these tips:
- Test it out: Many home stores and mattress stores offer a variety of models for you to try out. Don’t be shy about lying down and testing a mattress to get a feel for it. If couples are shopping for a mattress, test it out together.
- Consider adjustable beds: Adjustable beds offer a customer the chance to try sleeping and getting comfortable in a variety of positions. There are some beds that even have separate adjustments for both sides of the same bed.
- Do your research: Looking at different mattress types online can help a great deal before heading out to test some mattresses in person. Online research can help you find the best type of bed for your preferred sleeping positions or for any issues you may encounter while sleeping.
- Pay attention: Some mattress types and brands may use flashy words to increase their appeal or claim to offer certain features, but don’t always follow through with what they advertise.
If a new mattress is in your future, a high quality Stearns and Foster mattress could be the answer. Stearns furniture is reputable and offers customers many benefits including quality, comfort and craftsmanship.
Stearns and Foster mattresses are made from high density upholstery forms to offer support and durability. Some of the Stearns furniture models even feature memory form, which allow for a higher level of comfort when you’re climbing into bed.
Stearns and Foster mattresses also can help regulate body temperature with a silk-infused cover to help keep you cooler. Titanium alloy coils help provide comfort and support as well. Some of the models are compatible with a base that’s adjustable and helps you customize your level of comfort.
A majority of Americans (82 percent) find that one extra hour of sleep at night is extremely valuable and 65 percent believe that sleep contributes to next day effectiveness. Whether it’s Stearns furniture or another model, a new mattress can pay big dividends.
Are you in the market for a new mattress: This Mattress buying guide can help you get started on a path to a better night’s sleep.