Are you looking for a new home? You have a lot of options. You can buy an existing house, a condo and you can build a custom home. More and more people are going with that third option. There are some really good reasons to go that route. Here are a few of them.
- You get to choose what you really want. When you look at existing homes, you have to make some compromises. The average homebuyer will look at ten homes (they also spend about ten weeks). They may like the kitchen in home one and then the turret in home eight but they cannot combine the two houses to get what they really want. When you build a custom home, you can get that great kitchen and the turret in the same home. Everything in the home will have been selected by you. Soup to nuts, it is all you. From the basement to the shingles on the roof. A lot of people think all of this choice will cost a lot more but in reality, you can save a lot when you can make these choices.andnbsp;
- The look of the home will be all you. When you buy an existing home, you may have to shelve some of your own personal style. This is not the case when you buy new homes. When you build a custom home, the end result is a custom house that has a style that is uniquely you. When you work with a home designer, you can create the house of your dreams. Say you have your grandmother’s desk. You love the look of it. You can work with your home designer to incorporate the look of that desk into the look of your custom house. You can get a really unique look for your new house when you build a custom home.
- You get the privacy and lot that you really want. A lot of people go the custom home route because they have a space where they really want to live. Maybe it is a hideaway on a lake or near the beach. When you build a custom home, you have more control over the lot that you choose. If you want a lot of privacy, and most of us do, you can get that regardless of the area you select for your custom home. The ability to choose your own lot and to get the privacy you crave is important to a lot of home buyers. Custom home builders often have access to a lot of lots that are in very prime locations. The lot you pick can be as unique to you as the home that you build.
- You get the functionality you need. If you have special needs or wants, you can get them when you build a custom home. Sometimes these are aesthetic wants. You have always wanted to live in a home with a rooftop patio or that turret you saw in house eight. You can get those things when you build a custom home. Other times, you have specific needs. Maybe you have seven children and you want everyone to have their own bedroom (you will need a lot of bathrooms, too!). Maybe you have someone in your family who has disabilities and you need to make your home wheelchair accessible. You can do that more easily with a custom built home that when you buy an existing house. You get the functionality that you need at a price you can afford.
- You can save energy. The houses that are built today are a lot more energy efficient than houses that were built in years past but you can make your custom built home even more energy efficient than that. This is one of the benefits of buying a new house. From installing solar panels on the roof, to putting in energy efficient windows to a making all of your appliances Energy Star rated, your home can do a lot to reduce your carbon footprint. This will end up saving you money on your energy bills. That is a win-win.
If you are looking at real estate, you may want to consider building a custom house.